[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: EJB runtime statistics through web-console throws Except

dudlo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 2 16:28:03 EST 2007

I think Scott misunderstood the nature of this problem. This is not an "I can't look up my MBean" user error, this is a bug in web-console. Most of the web-console statistics displayed for an EJB is not available because of the bug.

It is easy to replicate even with the "JBoss AS Getting Started Guide" tutorial example. Just follow the example and deploy it to a 4.0.4.GA or 4.0.5.GA or 3.2.8.SP1 server. Then open web-console (http://localhost/web-console and navigate to J2EE Domains -> Manager -> JBoss -> JBossDukeBank.ear -> bank-ejb.jar -> MyAccountController. You'll get the error (MBeanProxyCreationException).

The error does not happen in 3.2.7 or 4.0.3SP1 releases. I noticed that the JSPs of the web-console have been touched after these releases. But it is the left sidenavigation applet that is causing the error (passing wrong JMX name into the JSP).

In most cases (as reported above), it can be worked around by using simple JNDI names (local and global) like MyEJB, instead of com/acme/MyEJB. When I use the fully qualified JNDI name, it shows correctly in the old web-console (under the jar, it shows as com/acme/MyEJB). In the buggy one, the name is stripped and only the last node name (MyEJB) is shown. However, as you can see in the tutorial example, even using simple names does not work all the time.

Again, please treat this as web-console internal error.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4010247#4010247

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4010247