[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Web services and stateful session

dwin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 2 16:43:59 EST 2007

hey Andrea

as of JAX-WS 2.0, there is no supprt for stateful sessions.  In JAX-WS 2.1, there is a concept of stateful webservices which is done through ws-addressing.

I would not recommend serializing the Handle object, if need be make a representation (or key) of the handle and pass that to the WS client.  Each time that key is returned, you can used that to look up the handle.

In fact, I don't even think its possible.

You can mimick a session by defining the lifecycle of a session (starts at login, ends at logout).  Of course, you would have to persist/maintain state on the server side.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4010251#4010251

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4010251