[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: Trying to deploy web app directory

emrandle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 2 19:52:03 EST 2007

Thanks Peter. I was able to a directory structure like this:

c:\webapps\ccr2\ccr.war

Dropped my app files into the ccr.war directory

set the line in jboss-service.xml to:

deploy/,file:/webapps/ccr2

started JBoss, and all is fine.

The reason I want to do this in the first place is, that i'm trying an alternative of debugging my code other than having to deploy and do remote debugging. I use JDeveloper as my IDE. I'd like to run the JBoss main class from within my IDE so I can debug local. I layout my directory structure for my webapps just as the web spec calls for it, and point my IDE project to that structure. When I used JRun4, this worked great cause in JRun4 config file i just point to the root directory of my app, and it considered that the expanded web application. Then set the JRun main class as my project run target, include the jrun libs and off you go. I want that with JBoss, but it looks like here I have to have another level of directory structure. Means I have to reconfigure all my apps to have this structure. O no!

Has this been attempted before with JBoss? I can't believe I'm the only one who doesn't want to go thru having to deploy the app and then remote debugging. Seems to much. I've been spoiled.

Any help appreciated!
Thanks
mike

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4010316#4010316