[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: hibernate AnnotationConfiguration rather than Configurat

crussell42 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 3 13:46:45 EST 2007

IT WORKS!
After much head banging and incorrect assumptions I think I have it.
Please developers of jbpm can you look at this seriously as a means of persisting annotated pojos.
In HibernateHelper I added the following code

  | import org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration;
  | import org.hibernate.cfg.DefaultComponentSafeNamingStrategy;
  | .
  | .
  | public static Configuration createConfiguration(String cfgXmlResource, String propertiesResource) {
  |       AnnotationConfiguration configuration = new AnnotationConfiguration();
  |       //NOT SURE WHY BUT configuration not picking up
  |       //hibernate.cfg.xml
  |      //<property name="hibernate.ejb.naming_strategy">
  |      //org.hibernate.cfg.DefaultComponentSafeNamingStrategy</property>
  |       log.debug("NAMING START STRATEGY ["+configuration.getNamingStrategy().getClass().getName()+"]");
  |       log.debug(configuration.setNamingStrategy(new DefaultComponentSafeNamingStrategy()));
  |       log.debug("NAMING AFTER STRATEGY ["+configuration.getNamingStrategy().getClass().getName()+"]");

With these changes you can now add mappings to the hibernate.cfg.xml
such as

  | <mapping package="foo"/>
  | <mapping class="foo.MyAnnotatedFooClass"/>

To pick up annotated classes....
Now I also had to put my classes in jbpm-jpdl.jar but I will figure out the class loader issues later.
Net effect: my annotated classes persist where I expect them to.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4010471#4010471

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4010471