[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Accessing generated PDFs

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 3 16:05:17 EST 2007

"norman.richards at jboss.com" wrote : Ok, UIDocument now has a sendRedirect flag.  If this is set (either in the template or by the parent component reaching down) we will bypass the the generation and just keep the value locally.

cool :)

anonymous wrote : We needed some way to transfer the data.  I noticed UIAttachment us using get/setValue.  Assuming that it implemented ValueHolder, I thought I might reach up and set the values directly if I could.  Unfortunately, I just realized you don't actually implement ValueHolder.  I'm not sure this is proper use of ValueHolder anyway, so if you have a better idea, I'm all ears.

http://java.sun.com/javaee/javaserverfaces/1.1_01/docs/api/javax/faces/component/ValueHolder.html - I think that implementing ValueHolder here is a correct (I just hadn't) - there might be some interesting ways of using JSF Converters (though as they *have* to return a String when converting from the model to the view perhaps not)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4010510#4010510

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4010510