[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam Gen messages

fady.matar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 3 19:20:56 EST 2007

I have been playing around with Seam Gen, and I liked the approach and the source code generation is way better than the one by the previous Seam wizard by Hibernate tools.

I have a few questions to raise, I have updated one of the classes of my Entity Bean and update the persist and the update method since one of the fields is unique and I don't want to be redirected to the debug page.

The update was simple and I don't believe it is the right approach. Here's my code for the two methods.

  | @Override
  | 	public String persist() {
  | 		try {
  | 			return super.persist();
  | 		} catch (Exception ex) {
  | 			return null;
  | 		}
  | 	}
  |
  | 	@Override
  | 	public String update() {
  | 		try {
  | 			return super.update();
  | 		} catch (Exception ex) {
  | 			return null;
  | 		}
  | 	}

Now I'm not redirected to the debug page, and a message Transaction Failed appears.

Here's the custom message I have added to provide more feedback about the error to the end user:

  | 	@Override
  | 	public String persist() {
  | 		try {
  | 			return super.persist();
  | 		} catch (Exception ex) {
  | 			FacesMessages.instance().clear();
  | 			FacesMessages.instance().add(
  | 					"The name you has already been reserved.");
  | 			return null;
  | 		}
  | 	}
  |
  | 	@Override
  | 	public String update() {
  | 		try {
  | 			return super.update();
  | 		} catch (Exception ex) {
  | 			FacesMessages.instance().clear();
  | 			FacesMessages.instance().add(
  | 					"The name you has already been reserved.");
  | 			return null;
  | 		}
  | 	}

I would like to take the "Transaction Failed" message and replace it with one specified above. The clear method did not take it out.
Any suggestions?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4010576#4010576

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4010576