[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: New fileUpload component

shane.bryzak@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 5 06:38:50 EST 2007

Over this last weekend I completely rewrote the file upload component, and one of the improvements is the ability to stream the upload to a temp file on disk.  Plus you can now also bind the file data to either a byte[] or InputStream property - so what this means, is that if you use this option it should be very resource efficient (it streams using only a 2k buffer).  This only exists in cvs at the moment, and I haven't had a chance to document this yet - if you want to try it out you need to set the createTempFiles filter property to true, ie:

  |     <filter>
  |         <filter-name>Seam Multipart Filter</filter-name>
  |         <filter-class>org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamMultipartFilter</filter-class>
  |         <init-param>
  |           <param-name>createTempFiles</param-name>
  |           <param-value>true</param-value>
  |         </init-param>
  |     </filter>

anonymous wrote : Can you please tell me, how can we regenerate the saved images in the database to our front end in JSF.

Check out the seamspace demo, it does exactly this and also supports dynamic resizing of the image.  This is done using a servlet (see ContentServlet.java) in conjunction with SeamServletFilter for creating the necessary Seam contexts.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4011276#4011276

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4011276