[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: HAJNDI over HTTP

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 5 10:30:12 EST 2007

Seems the HttpNamingContextFactory doesn't have to logic built into it to parse multiple URLs.

Also, I've been looking at this code and the naming proxy you'll get won't have automatic loadbalancing, failure detection and failover in it.

Probably the way to go is to use a loadbalancer. If you did that I think you'd want to set your java.naming.provider.url to point to the loadbalancer:

java.naming.provider.url=http://loadbalancer/invoker/HAJNDIFactory

Also, in /deploy/httpha-invker.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml, edit the jboss:service=invoker,type=http,target=HAJNDI mbean. Remove the InvokerURLPrefix, InvokerURLSuffix and UseHostName attributes and add

http://loadbalancer/invoker/JMXInvokerHAServlet

This will cause the naming proxies to point to the loadbalancer.

I haven't tried this, so don't know if there are further gotchas.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4011388#4011388

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4011388