[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: How do I access security info in a Interceport class?

flavia.rainone@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 5 12:39:22 EST 2007

If you are using the EJB deployment descriptor to configure security, I'm afraid that you can't use security aspects from aspect library to access this configuration.

According to this documentation:

http://docs.jboss.org/aop/1.1/aspect-library/

These aspects are a way of activating security features from JBoss AS to plain Java classes, without necessity of using EJB. This means that you should configure the security aspects either with annotations, or xdoclets, or even an xml file. In a few words, these aspects forward security implementation to the same security components JBoss uses on EJB. But, in your case, these components are already doing their work through your configuration on jboss.xml file.

If you want to use these aspects for implementing security, you should move the security configuration of your interest from jboss.xml file to one of the configuration input formats accepted by security aspects. On the other hand, if you want to keep things as is, you still can use the SecurityContext class as a utility. In this case, you will need to initialize its domain field, so you can make it useful for you. But remember of doing so only if your application is not using security aspects.

All this said, I think that the most straightforward and simple solution for you is to cut the security functional code you already have on your slsbs, and paste this code in one or more aspects of yours.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4011459#4011459

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4011459