[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Re: can't create a jboss configuration

frank.steinhauer.odl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 5 13:11:13 EST 2007

"jfrohome" wrote : It seems jboss ide 1.5 and 1.6 are intended to be used with ecplise 3.1 and NOT with eclipse 3.2. documentation for jboss ide is overaged and neither there is documentation concerning installation jboss ide 1.6 or 2.0 beta nor there are any helpful information given by jboss which  software prequesites are needed to run which  jboss ide version.

Well, they say for the 1.5 version it is not intended for Eclipse 3.2 - but nothing for 1.6. At least I found that 2.0 is especially for 3.2 ...

"jfrohome" wrote : @jboss: If you want your customer use your software at least there should be more information on how to install, what are software prequesites, what are dependencies on a specific eclipse version, and how to quick start use your NEW software version. Its make no sense to show availability of jboss ide 2.0 beta1 with BIG BANG on your website and customer have problems to install and get this stuff working WITH NO ACTUAL documentation for this.

Full ACK! It would be really easy to add a short "1.6 is for Eclipse3.1 only" or better - "Do this and 1.6 will work with 3.2"!
It took me over two hours work to figure out, that 1.6 won't work with eclipse3.2!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4011467#4011467

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4011467