[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Interop with WCF

stone_42 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 6 03:18:15 EST 2007

Hello,

can you tell me how good the interoperability between JBossWS and Microsofts WCF web service implementation is? Currently, I am using the ws4ee stack and I'm even not able to call a hello world wcf web service, because ws4ee and wcf (configured to use soap 1.1) both do not understand the soap messages of the other partner (besides, I made ws-transactions with JBossWS and ws-security with a custom JaxRPC-Handler working - but not the communication of application data).
What I'm looking for are statements about handling application data, namely simple data types like strings, complex data types and arrays.
An answer could help me to decide whether migration from ws4ee to JBossWS (and subsequently from JBoss 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 or 4.0.5) is worthwhile to think about.
Searching the wiki, I found only this page http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossWSAndDotNet about Interop with microsoft implementations, but it does not mention WCF at all.

Regards,
Martin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4011774#4011774