[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: SeamSelectItems - 1.1.1beta4

Frippe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 6 04:24:03 EST 2007

May I add aquestion in this discussion?

I am trying to get S.S.I. to work with a stateless backingbean.
The code below renders just fine, and my current value is set correctly as well. My problem arise when I submit the form with the selectOneMenu.
I get the follwing exception:

09:31:46,386 ERROR [PhaseListenerManager] Exception in PhaseListener RESTORE_VIEW(1) afterPhase
  | .
  | .
  | .
  | 09:31:46,402 ERROR [SeamExceptionFilter] uncaught exception handled by Seam
  | javax.servlet.ServletException: Could not restore StateHolder of type com.omxgroup.lap.acl.actions.ACLListActionImpl$1 (missing no-args constructor?)

I've set up the following:

Except of my backing bean

  | @Stateless
  | @Name("aclList")
  | public class ACLListActionImpl implements ACLListAction {
  |
  | @SelectItems(labelMethod="getName", valueStrategy=SelectItems.Strategy.INDEX)
  | private List rights;
  |
  | @Factory("rights")
  | public List getRights() {
  |
  | 	if(rights == null){
  | 		rights = em.createQuery("from ARO").getResultList();
  |
  | 		selAro = (ARO)rights.get(0);
  | 	}
  | 	return rights;
  | }
  |
  | @Factory("converter")
  |     public Converter getConverter() {
  |     return new SelectItemsConverter() { ...

Excerpt of my XHTML page
<h:selectOneMenu id="selAro" value="#{selAcl.aro.name}" converter="#{converter}">
  |     <si:selectItems value="#{aclList.rights}" var="right" label="#{right.name}"/>
  | </h:selectOneMenu>

Hopefully I've got most of this right :-)

As it is now, I can't save the changes I do in the form because of the exception.
Have you guys some hints how I can correct this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4011790#4011790

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4011790