[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Portal With LDAP rquires Users in 2 places, LDAP and Por

dleerob do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 6 04:45:00 EST 2007

I am having a similair issue. Pity no one has replied to your post. Hopefully someone can help me.

I have setup portal 2.4.1 to use LDAP authentication. However, it only authenticates with LDAP and allows access to portal. It doesn't pull in any user information. So I have to create a local user in portal. But now when I assign that local user security rights to certain pages, and then try and login with the ldap password, it authenticates against ldap, but the logged in user cannot see the pages I gave him rights to. However, If I login with the same user, but dont use my ldap password, but the local portal password I created the user with, I can then see the pages that I gave him security rights to.

So basically it seems that if I use the local jboss password for user "bob", it uses the security rights setup for "bob". But if I use the ldap password for user "bob", it treats the login a a different user, and all security rights are missing and I cant see his pages.

Any help please?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4011799#4011799

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4011799