[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - redeploying on jboss 4.0.4.GA

saxon747 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 7 07:38:07 EST 2007

Hi all!

I have an HTTP servlet, which reads the input on the doPost method and creates a SOAP Message from it, using the SAAJ API. It works correctly, but when the application (.war) is deployed again without restarting the jboss, the SOAP message creation fails with error:

        at org.jboss.util.xml.DOMUtils.hasChildElements(DOMUtils.java:324)
        at org.jboss.ws.soap.NodeImpl.(NodeImpl.java:88)
        at org.jboss.ws.soap.TextImpl.(TextImpl.java:38)
        at org.jboss.ws.soap.SOAPElementImpl.addTextNode(SOAPElementImpl.java:272)
        at org.jboss.ws.soap.MessageFactoryImpl.createSOAPEnvelope(MessageFactoryImpl.java:399)
        at org.jboss.ws.soap.MessageFactoryImpl.createMessageInternal(MessageFactoryImpl.java:227)
        at org.jboss.ws.soap.MessageFactoryImpl.createMessage(MessageFactoryImpl.java:157)

The code is something like this:

  | protected void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
  |   throws ServletException, IOException {
  |   SOAPMessage message = MessageFactory.newInstance().createMessage(null, request.getInputStream());
  | }

When I restart jboss, it works correctly. This problem occours only when I use java 1.4. On java 1.5 the application works correctly even after redeploying.

Please help!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4012389#4012389

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4012389