[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam Security

lightbulb432 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 7 10:46:09 EST 2007

"lightbulb432" wrote : When catching NotLoggedInException in exceptions.xml, I have a

  | <redirect view-id="/login.xhtml">Not logged in</redirect> for the NotLoggedInException.
  |
  | While the redirect works correctly, the message "Not logged in" doesn't display in login.xhtml's <h:messages globalOnly="true" />
  |
  | Why won't this message appear?

I spoke too soon when I said the above problem sorted itself out. The following does not work:

<exception class="org.jboss.seam.NotLoggedInException">
  |    <redirect view-id="/login.xhtml">
  |       <message>Not logged in</message>
  |    </redirect>
  | </exception>

This does not appear in any case. Only for authorization exceptions (when the user doesn't have appropriate permissions) does the message appear. Keep in mind the redirect is working, however, and the login.xhtml does have an h:messages. Is this a bug in Seam?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4012497#4012497

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4012497