[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: bijection value causing JSF Error. Misuse, or misunders

james_hays@mac.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 7 17:53:20 EST 2007

Thanks for the reply.  I'm still having issues though.  I changed my searchAction to contain

  |     @In(value="profileRecord", required=false)
  |     private ProfileRecord searchRecord;

if my xhtml contains

I continue to get the value cannot be converted error.  which makes sense to me.

if I leave the xhtml to read

It seems to work.

If I understand this correctly, there will be no way for me to inject a property named searchRecord of type ProfileRecord into an action from my xhtml.  My xhtml will always have to represent the ProfileRecord entity by specifying #{profileRecord.blah}.  This just doesn't seem right.

How can I represent two different entity components on the same page in the same scope?  One option would be to create them in a factory to create a default object so it is already as a component.  That seems noisy though.  Along those lines, I would think I could also specify     @In(create=true)
  |     private ProfileRecord searchRecord; in my action and then use #{searchRecord} in my xhtml, but that doesn't seem to work either.  I still get the value could not be created error.

I'm assuming that I am still missing something critical.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4012696#4012696

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4012696