[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Converter exception when using a factory?

dandiodati do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 8 01:17:53 EST 2007

We have this object that exists in the servlet session that I want to make available to inject into other Seam components. So I tried to create a factory pattern object:

public class SessionObjFactory {

  |   public ParamBean getParamBean()
  |      {
  |         return (ParamBean)Contexts.getSessionContext().get(SessionConstants.PARAMS);
  |   }
  |
  |   public void setParamBean(ParamBean params)
  |   {
  |      Contexts.getSessionContext().set(SessionConstants.PARAMS, params);
  | }
  |
  | }

and specified a SessionObjFactory.component.xml (wanted to use the auto-create option which does not seem to be available in the Factory annotation).

<component>
   <factory name="paramBean" value="#{sessionScope.paramBean}" scope="session"/>
</component>

on startup I see the following exception:
17:11:05,069 ERROR [[/]] Exception sending context initialized event to listener
 instance of class org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamListener
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No converter for type: com.sf.bean.ParamBean
        at org.jboss.seam.util.Conversions.getConverter(Conversions.java:54)
        at org.jboss.seam.Component$ConstantInitialValue.(Component.java:1
971)
        at org.jboss.seam.Component.getInitialValue(Component.java:400)
        at org.jboss.seam.Component.initInitializers(Component.java:378)
        at org.jboss.seam.Component.(Component.java:263)
        at org.jboss.seam.Component.(Component.java:204)
        at org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.addComponent(Initialization.java:7
42)
        at org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.addComponents(Initialization.java:
674)
        at org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.init(Initialization.java:429)
        at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamListener.contextInitialized(SeamListener.j
ava:33)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContex
t.java:3763)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4

What is going on I thought the factory pattern can be used to create any Pojo object? I can't find any documentation for having to create some Converter object for factories?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4012851#4012851

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4012851