[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JBoss Portal vs its competitors

jimisola do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 8 05:26:06 EST 2007

Thomas,

anonymous wrote : JBoss Portal 2.6 has D'n'D

I've seen that, but it is not yet released... If I may ask, when is 2.6 expected? Would you care to elaborate on why JBoss is the prefered choice?

anonymous wrote :
  | Yes you got it right, you can either run it standalone (the common way) on JBoss AS *or* use the provided portlets to use in any JSR-168 portal; JBoss Portal, liferay...

Does users and roles exist in the application server, so that they can be used by e.g. Alfresco and JBoss Portal or does a standalone Alfresco install mean different user management?

How about the JCR repository for JBoss Portal - is it exchangeable?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4012951#4012951

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4012951