[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - EJB lookup on standalone tomcat to remote jboss

skymic do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 8 07:32:16 EST 2007

hi,

I have a WS endpoint deployed on a standalone tomcat V5.5.9 server.
The ws endpoint was generated from a wsdl file using jaxws (jwsdp2.0).

In this ws endpoint I try to lookup a session bean (EJB3.0) which is deployed on a remote JBoss V4.0.5 (on a different machine).

In my tomcat war I have all jaxws libraries which are needed for the ws endpoint plus jbossall_client.jar which is needed for the EJB lookup.
The libraires deployed are the following:
from jaxws:
activation.jar,jaxb-api.jar,jaxb-impl.jar,jaxb1-impl.jar,jaxws-api.jar,jaxws-rt.jar,jsr173_api.jar,jsr181-api.jar,jsr250-api.jar,resolver.jar,saaj-api.jar,saaj-impl.jar,sjsxp.jar
from Jboss:
jbossall-client.jar

When trying to do the lookup I get the following exception:
tomcat log:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.xml.soap.MessageFactory.newInstance(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljavax/xml/soap/MessageFactory

and

SAAJ0537: Invalid Content-Type. Could be an error message instead of a SOAP message
Couldn't create SOAP message due to exception: com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionImpl: Invalid Content-Type:text/html. Is this an error message instead of a SOAP response?

I think there is a collision with the javax.xml.soap.MessageFactory classes in the jaxws libs and jbossall-client.jar.

Are there any other jboss client libs which I can use in order to perform the EJB lookup?

Any help?

Thanks

skymic

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4012999#4012999