[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Jboss 4.0.4.GA JavaService and Farm Deployment

areplogle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 8 13:47:27 EST 2007

I've got a two node, four server cluster setup on windows 2003 server. I've used JavaService to create a service for each server/ on the two nodes.

When I start these configurations manually with run.bat -c <config-name> and I deploy an ear to the first server//farm everything runs fine and the app gets deployed to the other 3 servers in the cluster via farm deployment.

I then stop the servers in the cluster and clear the ears from farm and clear /server//tmp and work and drop the ear in farm of the first server again and start all of the servers in the cluster via their windows service added from JavaService. The ear in the first server in farm gets deployed to only the first server and does not push it out to the other three in the cluster.

I don't receive any errors, the ear just never gets farm deployed to the other servers.

Here's my JavaService command to add the configs as a service.

--snip--
JavaService.exe -install Jboss-App01
C:\j2sdk1.4.2_12\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
-Djava.class.path=C:\j2sdk1.4.2_12\lib\tools.jar;C:\jboss-4.0.4.GA\bin\run.jar
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:\jboss-4.0.4.GA\lib\endorsed
-Xms128m -Xmx256m
-Djboss.partition.name=andrewcluster -Dframework.propertyregistry.override=file:///path/to/propertyfile/needed.property
-start org.jboss.Main -params -c node-01
-stop org.jboss.Main -method systemExit
-out C:\jboss-4.0.4.GA\server\node-04\log\stdout.log
-err C:\jboss-4.0.4.GA\server\node-04\log\stderr.log
-current C:\jboss-4.0.4.GA\bin -manual
--snip--

I put the carriage returns in above for readability, when issued it was all one line.

So I did this for each node-0[1-4] and farm deployment just doesn't work. Has anyone had any similar experiences or see what I might be missing?

Does anyone use Jboss in a production clustered environment on Windows as a service? If so how do you handle clustered deployments? Is this the right way to go about deploying for a cluster on windows?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4013215#4013215

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4013215