[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Design Diagram/Document for Seam projects?

bsmithjj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 8 16:01:31 EST 2007

<total-imho>
Most of those diagrams that show lots of little blocks with words like DAO, servlets, etc. say very little to someone outside of your working group because they assume we share a common vocabulary and belief system about the constituents of an application written in Java.  Even worse are those humongous class diagrams generated by some UML reverse-engineering tool.  I think Fowler's UML As Sketch blog does a good job of stating an excellent way to use UML (http://www.martinfowler.com/bliki/UmlAsSketch.html) - mainly as a sketch tool for discussing specific aspects (e.g. a component) of a system of interest.
</total-imho>

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4013267#4013267

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4013267