[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - SessionContext and TimerService

go_rags do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 8 16:29:42 EST 2007

Hi,

I am using JBossAS 4.0.3 SP1 in our product and recently tried to add a timer service to it. I am having problem retrieving the session context for writing a Timer Service.  I am getting a NULL value injected for both the TimerService and SessionContext, is there a way to work around it.

I am invoking the startPolling() method on startup from a servlet.

  | @Stateless
  | @Remote(IRSSPoller.class)
  | public class RSSPoller implements IRSSPoller {
  |
  | 	private @Resource
  |         SessionContext ctx;
  |
  | 	private @Resource
  |         TimerService tms;
  |
  | 	private @PersistenceContext
  | 	EntityManager _entityManager;
  |

  | 	public void startPolling() {
  |
  | 		if (ctx == null) System.err.println("SessionContext is NULL!!");
  | 		if (tms == null) System.err.println("TimerService is NULL!!");
  |
  | 		if (ctx != null) {
  | 			ctx.getTimerService().createTimer(new Date(),
  | 				milliseconds, com.nukore.hub.rss.RSSPoller.class);
  | 		}
  | 	}
  |
  | 	@Timeout
  | 	public void timeoutHandler(Timer timer) {
  |
  | 		//Timer Method....
  |
  | 	}
  |
  | }

Thanks in advance.