[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Clustering begginner..please HELP

sreejava do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 9 09:58:23 EST 2007

Hi,

My aim is to achieve clustering for a  sample application in JSP (say obtaining a value from the user and put it in database).

First i tried to run more than one instance of same server (as explained in http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ConfiguringMultipleJBossInstancesOnOneMachine)
in my system to attain clustering. But i failed for starting two instances as my sytem was not MULTI-HOMED.

When i tried to do this by changing the port both the servers was coming up. But only that one which i started first were able to serve the requests. Also there were some other port conflicts.

Now i do have a virtual machine (ofcourse with different IP). But getting confused where to start with.

Can anyone kindly explain the step by step procedure for attaining clustering of two JBoss servers running in two IP address. I am able to deploye the application (war file) succesfully in two servers separately.

Finally, how one will realize that the clustering is attained. Is it by putting down one server and making the rrequest to that server?. Or is it by the existence of Farming deployment?

I have searched over the net and fedup...
PLEASE HELP. Thanks in advance..

sree

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4013655#4013655

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4013655