[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: SMPC and forcing a transaction to commit

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 9 15:42:34 EST 2007

I tried that and IT WORKED!  The message-sending method gets called after the transaction has committed successfully and then the message processor can see the entity in the persistence context, as is needed.

My one suggestion would be, in the raiseTransactionSuccessEvent, if the components.xml is not correct, instead of throwing a mysterious NullPointerException, maybe give a little more info, like a message that says "is core:transactionListener in your components.xml file?"  I say this because this is a problem that will come up any time a Seam component method sends an entity to a message queue and the message queue needs to attach the entity.  That's something that should be a fairly common usage in cases where messages are being used.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4013883#4013883

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4013883