[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Jboss-5.0.0.Beta1 JSR-181 Endpoint ClassCastException

dwin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 12 11:31:53 EST 2007

That guide is for JAX-RPC, JBossWS 1.0.x, this is a more relevant guide ( http://tddell.dyndns.org/mediawiki/index.php/JAX-WS_User_Guide

The JBossWS version you're using is JBoss 2.x (JAX-WS), alot of it is not applicable (although some of it is though)

When I meant POJO I meant as in stateless EJB POJO

in your web.xml, you're mapping your webservice as a servlet yet your servlet class does not extend GenericServlet or implement Servlet.  Thus, this is more of a servlet error moreso than a web service error.

basically, forget everything and do this (don't put it a war, for now...since this is a simple helloworld)

  | package testService;
  | @Stateless
  | @WebService( serviceName="TestService", name="Testing",
  | targetNamespace="urn:Testing" )
  | @SOAPBinding( style = SOAPBinding.Style.DOCUMENT,
  | use = SOAPBinding.Use.LITERAL,
  | parameterStyle=SOAPBinding.ParameterStyle.WRAPPED)
  | public class TestUI {
  | @WebMethod()
  | public String Test(String tString) {
  | return "Hello " + tString;
  | }
  | }

As opposed to putting it in a war, I would recommend first putting it in a jar byitself.  Just drop the jar in the deploy directory and it should deploy.

After the webservice runtime picks up the webservice,

simply go to

http://localhost:8080/jbossws/services

you should see the wsdl for your test service there

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4015173#4015173

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4015173