[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Remoting -> Progress Indicator?!

mugwump do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 13 02:35:58 EST 2007

We are transporting quite a lot of load with remoting, so it takes a serious amount of time to finish the remote-call on slow lines. We are currently just showing a progress-animation, but this gives no indication, how much was downloaded (and if there is happening anything at all).

Is there a way to setup a progress indicator, e.g to show the number of loaded members of a collection against the whole collection?

I do not assume, that Seam does some kind of "streaming" parsing on the client, it just waits till  the results come back and then starts parsing it - so I currently do not see any other way then splitting up the results in too smaller chunks, that can be tracked... Has anybody already done that and can share some experience?!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4015649#4015649

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4015649