[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How: Create multiple sub-entities in one single form

philippstraka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 13 07:47:51 EST 2007

I managed to persist the subentities now. I had made the following mistake:
I had returned a new list of sub-entities in the generator method for the DataModel. Now I returned a direct reference to the list hosted by the parent entity (instance.getParameterSettings after instance.setParameterSettings(newList)).

This is great. However, there is one small thing left to ask.

As I am displaying a list of sub-entities that do not yet have to exist, Seam creates the whole list of sub-entities when I do em.merge. Even those where I did not enter any values. This is understandable. However, we would need those sub-entities where nothing is entered NOT to be created.

I tried to remove those sub-entities from the list (iterate over the list in the update method, check for setting stringlenght = 0, removed this item from list), but even though the new list (which i have saved to the parent entity using instance.setParameterSettings(newList)) has less entries, ALL sub-entities are present in the DB after the em.merge.

How does Seam know and persist the sub-entities although I have removed them? Can I tell Seam not to persist certain sub-entities? Where would I have to remove them from the list?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4015742#4015742

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4015742