[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Error in shutting down JBoss using shutdown -S

kaiser101 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 13 09:16:37 EST 2007

I am using jboss 3.2.8 both at my workplace and home. The shutdown -S commands works perfectly all right at my workplace. However, at home I get the following. I have to shut down jboss using Ctrl+C and I hate doing that. Can you please help me out?? Attached below is the stack trace

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\jboss-3.2.8.SP1\bin>shutdown -S
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
at $Proxy1.shutdown(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.Shutdown.main(Shutdown.java:237)
Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishme
nt; nested exception is:
java.io.EOFException
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:274
)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:171)
at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker_Stub.invoke(Unknown Sour
ce)
at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.interfaces.JRMPInvokerProxy.invoke(JRMPInvo
kerProxy.java:149)
at org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor.invokeInvoker(InvokerIntercep
tor.java:241)
at org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerInterceptor.jav
a:181)
at org.jboss.jmx.connector.invoker.client.InvokerAdaptorClientIntercepto
r.invoke(InvokerAdaptorClientInterceptor.java:75)
at org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:7
0)
at org.jboss.proxy.ClientMethodInterceptor.invoke(ClientMethodIntercepto
r.java:70)
at org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer.invoke(ClientContainer.java:100)
at $Proxy0.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.Shutdown$ServerProxyHandler.invoke(Shutdown.java:266)
... 2 more
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
at java.io.DataInputStream.readByte(DataInputStream.java:333)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:215
)
... 14 more
Press any key to continue . . .
C:\jboss-3.2.8.SP1\bin>