[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Clustering begginner..please HELP

davewebb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 13 14:07:41 EST 2007

Apache is configured with the file $APACHE_HOME/conf/httpd.conf

I suggest you read up on Apache server configuration as there is very good documentation on it.

In that file you should have a listen port setting.  Yours is obviously 80 based on your feedback.  Here is where I think you have gone wrong.  In the httpd.conf file you should have Virtual Hosts defined like the following code block.  The bold line is the one that tells apache to forward certain requests onto JBoss.

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.50:80>

The String "/YourApp/*" needs to match the ContextRoot setup in the web.xml file of your WAR.  Suppose your application was available at http://www.yourdomain.com:8080/App/index.jsp, then your JkMount like would be:

  | JkMount /App/* loadbalancer

The to see your app through  Apache, goto:

http://www.yourdomain.com/App/index.jsp

Apache listening on port 80 matches the URI "/App/" and knows to forward on the request via modJk to the servers setup in your workers file.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4015975#4015975

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4015975