[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: CVS requires jcaptcha

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 13 15:10:58 EST 2007

So what we are trying to get to is a system where Seam can be enhanced/extended just by dropping jars in and out. Our scanning technology, together with the well-defined component "precedence" model and dependency management means you no longer have to edit some central XML file to reconfigure the system.

Usecases include:

* The current monolithic distribution of Seam is fine for now, but as we get bigger we will need to repackage stuff in bitesize pieces.

* People want to create addon packages for Seam: imagine you want to write an OSWorkFlow integration package, which replaces the jBPM components with components for OSWorkFlow. Or imagine you wanted to replace Drools with JRules as the security rulebase. Or imagine you wanted to build in support for iBATIS or TopLink or whatever.

* Overriding components with environment dependencies with mock objects for testing.

Etc.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4016015#4016015

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4016015