[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - learning up

laxu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 14 07:46:16 EST 2007

Hi,
I am learning Seam and trying to build an app with simple small steps. I am trying something quite similar to Hotel Booking example. It is far plainer but I cannot seem to get it working.
I have an entity bean called "Organization", a stateful session bean "OrganizationAction" and quite like the main.xhtml from the Booking example I usa an  as in:
 <s:link id="viewItem" value="#{item.name}" action="#{organizationAction.selectOrganization(item)}" />
and in selectOrganization method, I do assign it to the @Out marked member in the hope that it will show up in the next page.

  |     @In(required=false) @Out
  |     private Organization organization;
  |
  |     @Begin
  |     public String selectOrganization(Organization selectedOrganization){
  |         System.out.println("Selected org:"+selectedOrganization.toString());
  |         organization = em.merge(selectedOrganization);
  |         return "organization";
  |     }

It is almost identical (even less. i don't have ajax stuff) to the Booking example, like selecting the hotel from the list of hotels. Everything is parallel. But in the navigated organization.xhtml i cannot find the "organization" object outjected. Instead, a brand new instance of Organization is displayed.
I must be missing something quite basic. I have tried and thrown anything into it to make it work and yet could not manage.
Best regards,
Levent

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4016342#4016342

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4016342