[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - JBOSS to DB2 AS400 - dateFormat is not correct

Rickenator do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 14 12:01:19 EST 2007

I am migrating an existing web application ( no ejbs ) from Websphere to JBOSS.  Our database is DB2 on the AS400. In our Websphere environment, we had to set a custom property of the datasource, the dateFormat to "iso" in order to display the dates correctly.  After moving the apps over to JBOSS, we are having the same problem.  I tried to pass this property as a connection-property, ala <connection-property name="dateFormat">iso</connection-property>  but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I also tried to add it to the connection-url string, as I see some other properties appended, but that has no effect either.  Otherwise, the datasource works fine.

Anyone else have any experience with this issue (dateFormat) ?

Here is my db2-400-ds.xml file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- ===================================================================== -->
<!--                                                                       -->
<!--  JBoss Server Configuration                                           -->
<!--                                                                       -->
<!-- ===================================================================== -->

<!-- $Id: db2-400-ds.xml,v 1.1.4.2 2004/10/27 18:44:10 pilhuhn Exp $ -->

<!-- You need the jt400.jar that is delivered with IBM iSeries Access or the
     OpenSource Project jtopen.

     [systemname] Hostame of the iSeries
     [schema]     Default schema is needed so jboss could use metadat to test if the tables exists
  -->

  <local-tx-datasource>
    <jndi-name>AS400DS</jndi-name>
    <connection-url>jdbc:as400://WWTEST/WWTEST;extended dynamic=true;package=jbpkg;package cache=true;package library=jboss;errors=full</connection-url>
    <driver-class>com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver</driver-class>
    <user-name>****</user-name>
    ****
    <min-pool-size>5</min-pool-size>
        <!-- sql to call when connection is created
        <new-connection-sql>some arbitrary sql</new-connection-sql>
        -->

        <!-- sql to call on an existing pooled connection when it is obtained from pool
        <check-valid-connection-sql>some arbitrary sql</check-valid-connection-sql>
        -->
    <connection-property name="libraries">ITDATA,GDATA,GHIST,GCOMMON,VAIMODSDTA,R35FILES,VBLIB,WEBAPPS,WEBFINRPT1,WEBFINRPT8,QGPL,WWDATA,CSDATA</connection-property>
    <connection-property name="dateFormat">iso</connection-property>
    <connection-property name="naming">system</connection-property>
      <!-- corresponding type-mapping in the standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml (optional) -->

         <type-mapping>DB2/400</type-mapping>

  </local-tx-datasource>

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4016467#4016467

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4016467