[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - JSF implementation issues in 5.0.0.Beta1

jason.dobies do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 14 14:30:47 EST 2007

We are seeing a conflict in trying to bundle a JSF implementation into our application when running in AS 5.0.0.Beta1. In order to get this to work, we had to comment out the following lines from the jbossweb.deployer/conf/web.xml:

<listener-class>org.jboss.web.jsf.integration.config.JBossJSFConfigureListener</listener-class>

<listener-class>com.sun.faces.application.WebappLifecycleListener</listener-class>

In particular, the JARs being included in our application are the Sun RI JSF and EL JARs:

jsf-impl-1.1_02.jar
jsf-api-1.1_02.jar
el-api-1.0.jar
el-ri-1.0.jar

Not surprisingly, I want the configuration for my application to not affect the overall JBoss configuration. Is there something I'm missing in my application to override these listeners? More generally, is there a different way of introducing my own application level JSF implementation?

Thanks
- J

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4016552#4016552

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4016552