[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Using a JoinTable, getting unique constraint violtions

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 14 15:53:39 EST 2007

Let's say I'm making an accounting system.  I have Invoices, and on Invoices I have Products.  Every invoice can have a set of one or more products, and there could be duplicates.  Every product could show up on any number of invoices.  The relationship is uni-directional.  The Product doesn't need to have a collection of Invoices that contain it.

How do I map this?

It seems like what I need is a JoinTable specification, but when I create it, I get a table with a unique constraint on invoice_id.  That should not be the case; I should be able to use that invoice_id multiple times to be able to specify a set of products.

What I need is a join table that would look like this:

  | invoice_id    product_id
  | 33                  58
  | 33                  37
  | 33                 962

but it's failing on the uniqueness constraint of invoice_id.  Any ideas on how to specify this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4016620#4016620

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4016620