[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - jboss and apache

renemarxis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 14 18:28:31 EST 2007

Hello

i am very new to jboss and have some very basic questions on developing/deploying.

I like to use the mod_jk.so for apache to be able to have apache serve as the webserver for my apps and static pages.

First of i'd like to know if its possible to install tomcat separate from jboss? The actual download comes with tomcat allready integrated, right?

Also if i understood well, jboss is somehow an "addon" for tomcat right? It serves as an applilcationserver equivilent to tomcat with some additional features like ejb etc.?

I seem to be able to get tomcat alone running with apache mod but i'm not able to configure tomcat to use the jboss installation. Some hints for howtos would be very very welcome.

Many thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4016738#4016738

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4016738