[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Exceptions in calls and callbacks

login4jbr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 14 19:23:38 EST 2007

Hello, I'm a begginer with JBoss remoting and any help will be great.

What happens if something bad happens during a remote call or callback?

The remote call throws some special exception like the RemoteException in RMI?

How can I know that something bad happened?
How can I know exactly what happened?

For a remote call you use the invoke() and invokeOneWay() methods in the Client class. These method declare that throws a Throwable, but what does it mean?
I've looked at the javadoc, but there are no explanations.
I've looked at the JBoss remoting guide but found nothing.
Where can find information about this?

I wish to determinate if the problem ocurred:
when the call was going to the server.
when the request was being processed in the server.
when the call was returning to the client.

Analogously:

For a remote callback you use the handleCallback() method in the InvokerCallbackHandler implementation. This method throws a CallbackHandleException.

I need to know the meaning of that exception and the exact situation.

Thanx

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4016775#4016775

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4016775