[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Exceptions in calls and callbacks

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 15 03:22:21 EST 2007

Welcome to Remoting.

anonymous wrote :
  | I wish to determinate if the problem ocurred:
  | when the call was going to the server.
  | when the request was being processed in the server.
  | when the call was returning to the client.

You want to look at the particular Throwable that comes back, its type and its description.  If a problem occurs in transit, you might get an IOException. If the server side handler throws an exception, that exception will be transported across the network and re-thrown by Remoting on the server side.

anonymous wrote : For a remote callback you use the handleCallback() method in the InvokerCallbackHandler implementation. This method throws a CallbackHandleException.

Throwables generated during callback handling are wrapped in a CallbackHandleException.  You want to extract the Throwable embedded in the CallbackHandleException and apply my previous remarks.

By the way, when I get an exception I don't recognize I often just google it and get lots of useful information.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4016894#4016894

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4016894