[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: tomahawk extension filter and seam fileUpload

costeen21 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 15 12:34:37 EST 2007

Gavin,

I switched from Tomahawk to IceFaces partly based on your recommendation (see http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=95328).

Seam is an awesome product.  IceFaces is a good product.  Using the products together I've had to do more trial and error programming than desired.  I've had some struggles, but the products work much better together with the last few releases of each product.  Overall, I've been amazed at how fast Seam and IceFaces have been sending out releases.

I've been waiting to implement the IceFaces file upload component until some of the issues were worked out.  Seam has come out with their own file upload component. So now Seam has decided that getting the IceFaces file upload component working with Seam is not a priority (see http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-676 ).

This is great, except I can't get Seam's file upload component it to work with IceFaces which again is what you recommend (I'm trying to get Seam's file upload to work on an IceFaces Tab and/or Popup panel).

I feel like if Seam is going to recommend IceFaces that either 1) Seam should work with the IceFaces file upload or 2) the file upload component that comes with Seam should work with IceFaces.  At least one of these two options needs to be a priority, Otherwise, I kind of feel like you've left me out to dry.  I hope I'm not coming across as ungrateful because Seam is a great product and I really appreciate all of the Seam's work and how fast you and the team respond to forum issues.  I just think one of these items should be a priority.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4017143#4017143

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4017143