[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Remoting: Use mock-xml instead of server-call?!

mugwump do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 16 02:58:12 EST 2007

Basically. we want to have the ability to test our javascript-clients without any server: Is there a way to mock the xml that remoting uses?! We want to use a static xml and then use the remoting-apis to deserialize this on the client without needing a call to the server.

 Ideally, this could be implemented by using json instead of xml: We could then use the produced json in a disconnected enviroment, without relying on the server-infrastructure.

Therefore my questions:

a) is there a way to re-direct the deserialization-mechanism of remoting to use a static xml instead of a server-call?!

b) could the remoting-protocols be made pluggable and use json instead of xml?

This would make it easier, to develop&test the clients and the server independently from each other.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4017467#4017467

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4017467