[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Protected methods on Seam components

quilleashm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 16 07:38:41 EST 2007

Writing an internal API.  Yes.

When a method is final cglib does not proxy it so the Seam interceptors can't hook in for that method call (other non-final methods work fine)?  Yes.

In my case JSF action method calls a public "API" method for which there is a
base helper implementation containing protected abstract methods.  The abstract methods are implemented by subclasses which may be Seam components.

My problem is for some reason cglib does not like the protected methods in the subclass, you get the above exception when one is invoked through the proxy.

I don't really see why as cglib is just creating a proxy subclass and should be able to wrap a proxy round a protected method and call down to it after the Seam interception is done.

Making the method final (no Seam interception) fixes it and making the methods signatures in the subclass public also fixes it.

This isn't a big deal for me right now, I can make them public easily enough; I was just having a hard time understanding why it was happening.  I'll move over to the cglib site and ask there, just wondering if anyone else here had come across it.

Cheers.

Mike.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4017590#4017590

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4017590