[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam Email - IllegalStateException: No Factories configu

bsmithjj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 16 08:04:30 EST 2007

I've tried two variants

1.) put the seam-mail.jar and dependencies in the .war as you have done in the example.

2.) put the same set of jars in the .ear

I'm convinced that the issue I'm running into is related to class loading.  Reviewing the .ear created by your seam-email example, I'm guessing you have myfaces in the tomcat jsf-libs dir on your test environment - in my case, the myfaces jars are in the .ear due to some class loading issues we had earlier in the project around DataModel and friends.  That's the remaining difference between our two .ear projects.  I can try putting the myfaces jars back in tomcat and out of the ear - dang this class loading stuff is a PITA! ;-)  I was really looking forward to using the Seam email stuff in this project - we have a lot of dynamic email to generate.

If I could make one request to the Seam project now, it would be to review the whole JSF, Myfaces, Facelets, EAR layout, WAR layout, etc... and come up with explicit instructions for how to package a project based on desired functionality.  Things like - "should Myfaces be in tomcat, or in your .ear?" etc...  right now the answers to these things involves a lot of trial and error and forum digging (not necessarily a bad thing).

Anyways, thanks for the help with this.

Brad Smith

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4017599#4017599

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4017599