[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Implementing data flow

drjava do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 16 11:27:56 EST 2007

"kukeltje" wrote : afaik, nobody has tried to do this. But instead of using jpdl, I would suggest using the Graph Oriented Programming 'kernel' (I think Tom invented a new acronym for GOP, but do not know what it is) and create a new language. jpdl and bpel use the same core. An aditional language is possible.

  | Ronald

I hadn't considered that. Thanks. However, that seems like a lot of work considering I need the existing functionality provided by the jpdl. My organization needs control flow *and* data flow. I haven't seen many workflow frameworks provide both, despite the fact that they go hand in hand in my opinion. Most BPM engines seem to do exclusively control flow. Scientific workflows tend to lean towards data flow. I'd love to see a high quality product like jBPM support both.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4017719#4017719

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4017719