[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: s:selectItems - whto work

supernovasoftware.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 16 14:24:57 EST 2007

I am also having a problem, but mine is migrating from si:selectItems to s:selectItems.

My usage is below:

  <h:selectOneMenu id="#{id}"
  |                    value="#{value}">
  |     <s:selectItems value="#{selectItems}"
  |                    var="si"
  |                    label="#{si.label}"
  |                    noSelectionLabel="Select"/>
  |     <ec:convertEntity />
  |   </h:selectOneMenu>

If I change s:selectItems to si:selectItems then ec:convertEntity works correctly as converter="org.jboss.seam.EntityConverter" did before.

I have a page that has 11 select boxes all included by use of a custom facelets tag that includes the code above.

When I use s:selectItems i get the following error messages:
1.  "Invalid selection. Selected item cannot be loaded from persistence context" -- This is for all entites except ones that are mapped by @Inheritance(strategy=InheritanceType.JOINED )
2.  "value is not valid" -- this is what I get for entities that are mapped by @Inheritance(strategy=InheritanceType.JOINED )

Also I have two select boxes that are not loaded with the correct value when the page is displayed.  All other have the correct values selected.   These entities have a label like

  | @Transient
  | public String getLabel()
  | {
  |   DecimalFormat df = new  DecimalFormat("###,###,###,###,##0.000");
  |   return df.format(this.size);
  | }

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I will continue to use si:selectItems until I can resolve this, but I would like to remove the deprecated jars from my project.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4017828#4017828

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4017828