[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: EntityHome persist problem

codelion do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 16 15:21:06 EST 2007

Pete,

To get the problem I saw you need to do this as I got to do when I started from a seam-generated project a couple weeks ago (things changed in seam-gen since, I think now there is join instead of begin):

>From a list view (with query) go to create new entity page with a propagation begin, then with a link that doesn't end the conversation (someone else on the project put a tree of top level commands into a div for all pages) go somewhere else, soon through links come to the list again (but not "back", just following links as usual), at which time you still have the same conversation that "began", go to create new entity page (with same propagation begin), and you have a problem.  For the heck of it put the id of the factory made instance up next to the id of the home.instance and they were different!  I saw it.  I repeated it.  Why a new home?  I'm not sure.  But why not a new factory made instance?  I guess the one from when the conversation began last time here still was around, so no call to factory method.

My solution was twofold:

1) I stopped using the factory made instance.

2) I for now don't go there with a propagation begin.  I'm still trying to get a full understanding of what I'll want to do with conversations.  Let's say I'm in a conversation to do something, what are all the possible ways out, and how to I get 100% certainty of behavior at all possible exits.  That should include a team member putting "any kind of non-seam aware link" into a part of the page that I just include, or "almost any kind of link".

I've mentioned this before in http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4010984

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4017864#4017864

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4017864