[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - like your product

markx do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 16 16:03:47 EST 2007

Just evaluating JBoss Portal for a project. Got everything up and running easily - great install nice and smooth. First impressions are very good. I used to work for a (very large gorilla) competitor specializing on their (closed source) portal. I actually deployed that company's first live implementation of a customer portal with portlets in 2001. Over the years I hit major problems with security, API functionality and scalability. Many battle scars. Many frustrations. That portal was bloated, buggy and a support nightmare.

It's refreshing to see your attention to standards and simplicity. Great also to see the amount of community involvement. I'm looking forwarded to delving under the hood and hope that good impressions last...

Keep up the good work ;)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4017888#4017888

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4017888