[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: JSF implementation issues in 5.0.0.Beta1

stan.silvert@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 17 20:28:12 EST 2007

Why would you want to bundle your own version of the RI with your application?  You can do that if you like, but it has some disadvantages:

1) You have to bundle RI jars with every JSF application.
2) You lose resource injection for managed beans.
3) You lose logging integration.  So any log messages from the RI will look weird in the Log4J logs.
4) You have to declare a config listener in your own web.xml.

I also don't understand why you would want to bundle your own EL jars.  The ones that ship with JBoss are probably more current than what you are using.

I'm not asking to be snide or anything.  This is new functionality to JBoss and I'd really like to know if there are legitimate reasons for doing what you are doing.  After all, you wouldn't dream of bundling your own JSP compiler in your WAR.  Why would you want to bundle your own JSF?

Also, see http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossWithJSFCDDL

Regards,

Stan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4018356#4018356