[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam-gen Issues

phicorp do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 17 21:32:18 EST 2007

Hello All,

I have experienced the following seam-gen issues using PostgreSQL 8.0.3

When I run seam-gen, I receive an error message which states that the expression property.value.typeName is undefined in the following line
    <#if property.value.typeName == "string">
within the freemarker template file called list.xhtml.ftl

When I examined the trace, I found that the above error occurred because the view called pg_logdir_ls does not have a primary key.

I do not know where this view comes from, as it was not created by me.

I then deleted the generated entities and the view, and re-ran seam generate-entities again, and this time I did not receive the error message above.

However, when I attempt to run the generated output, I receive a deployment error stating Missing table: pg_logdir_ls

Could anyone help me with the following questions:

(1) What creates the view called pg_logdir_ls?

(2) Why do I receive the deployment error after:
(a) Deleting all of the generated entities from the first unsuccessful run of seam generate-entities,
(b) Deleting the view called pg_logdir_ls, and
(c) Re-running seam generate-entities?

(3) Is there a more widespread problem with seam-gen and views which do not have a primary key, or is my problem constrained to my environment?

Looking forward to any help you can provide.

Many thanks,
Bruce.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4018375#4018375

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4018375