[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Is JBoss right for the job?

midraga do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Feb 18 08:21:26 EST 2007

Hi Everyone,

My company is required to write an application that will take raw input files from various legacy (mainframe, mvs systems) and convert them into the common application format.

The amount of data to be processed/converted is enormous up to 100GB a day with potential to increase in near future.

We have already written plain Java application that runs an a single server and does the job.

Having said that, we would need some kind of a cluster which would distribute the load across multiple nodes and also allow us to scale if there is a need for it.

So I would like to know whether JBoss is the right platform to make it run across the cluster and how likely will we need to rewrite the whole thing?

Cheers,

Midraga

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4018495#4018495

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4018495