[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: idle time out question

arparikh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Feb 18 12:12:05 EST 2007

Thats what i thought

We had issue where conn.close was throwing null pointer exception. I know getConnection (our method which gets Connection from datasource) is returning the Connection object because before it returns connection object, it does conn.setAutoCommit(true).

The caller method of getConnection uses the connection where it does conn.createStatement and stmt.executeQuery. In finally block we have conn.close().

The conn.close was throwing null pointer exception. This was not making sense because we were getting valid connection object since conn.setAutoCommit and conn.createStatement was not throwing null pointer which were done before conn.close.
This started happening when  query was taking long time to execute and got fixed when query started working normally.

Any insights.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4018534#4018534

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4018534