[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: java.lang.out of memory error permgen space

quilleashm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Feb 18 16:15:58 EST 2007

There are quite a few things that are non-bug related that can cause eventual OOM with permgen on a web container redeployment.

See more info here...

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/spring/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=2669

I suspect the one that will most likely bite Seam users is the DriverManager "leak".  I don't know what, if any, app servers handle these cases for you.

Having said all that there is a bug in the Sun Server JVM that causes the permgen size to be larger than it should be but it doesn't leak over time.

See: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4957990

There was a ClassLoader leak bug once upon a time but this have been fixed and backported to 1.4 and 1.5

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4018592#4018592

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4018592